ASCRS 20/Happy in 2020 Full Program
ASCRS Member Price: $174
Domestic Resident/Fellow: FREE
Nonmember Price: $360
Ready to purchase ASCRS 20/Happy in 2020? Click the orange "Enroll Now" button to purchase this program.
Already registered? Click "Enroll Now" to access the program.
About ASCRS 20/Happy in 2020
Credits: By completing all modules within this program you will earn 18.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Program Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
ASCRS 20/Happy in 2020 is a comprehensive ASCRS master class in refractive cataract surgery through which attendees can improve all dimensions of their refractive IOL surgical practice. Nine interrelated CME modules cover preoperative diagnostics, IOL calculations, IOL design, patient selection, education, and counseling, and how to efficiently and effectively manage these prerequisites. Significant discussion time is spent on complex cases, managing complications and patient dissatisfaction, and navigating the logistical and business aspects of a refractive cataract practice. We have assembled 80 leading international faculty who will share their best pearls for surgical and refractive success through this comprehensive curriculum.
Your purchase of ASCRS 20/Happy in 2020 will provide you digital access to all nine modules included in this program, each approved for 2 hours of CME credit:
- MODULE 1: Hitting the Refractive Target – Achieving 20/20 in 2020
- MODULE 2: Our Refractive IOL Armamentarium – More Choices than Ever
- MODULE 3: Patient Evaluation and Selection – the Key to Refractive IOL Success
- MODULE 4: Patient Education and Counseling - Being Effective and Efficient
- MODULE 5: Office Management - The Premium IOL Practice
- MODULE 6: Managing Complications and Patient Dissatisfaction – Taming our Fears
- MODULE 7: Adjunct Refractive Cataract Technology – What Do I Really Need?
- MODULE 8: Real World Case Studies in Patient IOL Selection and Management
- MODULE 9: What’s Ahead in 2021 and Beyond?
20/Happy in 2020 Certificate of Completion
All participants who complete the nine 20/Happy in 2020 modules will receive a certificate attesting to their completion of the Master Class.
Upon completion of the 20 Happy Curriculum, participants should be able to:
- Illustrate evidence-based approaches for hitting the refractive target, eliminating most astigmatism and enhancing the refractive outcome postoperatively.
- Compare refractive IOLs and provide practical pearls and pitfalls for implanting different refractive IOLs; to include adjunct surgical technologies.
- Examine preoperative diagnostics and discuss selecting patients and determining the best individual refractive IOL choice.
- Outline how to establish or enhance a refractive IOL practice and how to improve communication efficacy.
- Employ tips for office and organization workflow that are specific to the evaluation and counseling of a refractive IOL patient.
- Discuss management of an unhappy refractive IOL patient and refractive or surgical complications.
Program Planning Committee Co-Directors
|David Chang, MD
|Kendall Donaldson, MD
|Kevin Miller, MD
Cataract Clinical Committee Chair
|Sumit "Sam" Garg, MD
YES Clinical Committee Chair
|Vance Thompson, MD
Refractive Clinical Committee Chair
To learn more about ASCRS 20/Happy in 2020 prior to your purchase, visit ASCRS.org/20Happy.