Beyond 20/20 Full Program
ASCRS Member Price: $99
Resident/Fellow Price: FREE
Nonmember Price: $199
Ready to purchase Beyond 20/20? Click the orange "Enroll Now" button to purchase this program.
Already registered? Click "Enroll Now" to access the program.
About Beyond 20/20
ASCRS gratefully acknowledges the unrestricted educational grants received in support of this program from AbbVie, Alcon Vision, LLC, Bausch + Lomb, Eyenovia, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Vision, and Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited.
Credits: By completing all modules within this program you will earn 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Program Expiration Date: May 31, 2023
Beyond 20/20 is an educational series in modern refractive surgery and presbyopia therapy. This series of online CME activities, sponsored by the ASCRS Refractive Surgery Clinical Committee, will present a deeper dive into new and established refractive surgery techniques and tools. The program will take attendees from laser corneal refractive procedures (LASIK, PRK, and SMILE) to pharmaceutical presbyopia therapy to phakic IOLs and refractive lens exchange.
Your purchase of Beyond 20/20 will provide you digital access to the following four online CME modules included in this program:
- Module 1: Comprehensive Corneal Refractive Surgery in 2022: The Patient Workup, Surgery, and Postoperative Considerations
This module will discuss important considerations and guidelines as to who are the most ideal patients for three keratorefractive surgeries: LASIK, PRK, and SMILE.
- Module 2: An In Depth View on Depth of Focus: Advances in Topical Presbyopia Therapy and Small Aperture IOLs
This module will examine the advances in small aperture optics that increase depth of focus, reduce aberrations, and improve the quality of vision at distance and near.
- Module 3: Intraocular Refractive Surgery: Expanding Surgery Correction Options
This module will dive deep into phakic IOLs and clear lens replacement strategies, including information on EVO ICL clinical results and advanced sizing methodologies such as intraoperative OCT and high-frequency UBM.
- Module 4: Putting it All Togther, The Patient Refractive Journey
This module will discuss how refractive surgery techniques and technologies can be implemented to provide refractive independence over the lifetime of a patient, solve complicated refractive challenges, and enhance the results of previous refractive surgeries.
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss preoperative pearls, surgical techniques, and postoperative care for PRK, LASIK, and SMILE patients.
- Compare and contrast corneal refractive technologies.
- Examine advances in small aperture IOLs and discuss future treatment options for patients with irregular corneas.
- Discuss topical therapy treatments for presbyopia.
- Outline clear lens replacement strategies, including new technologies and advances in phakic IOLs and EDOF IOLs.
- Illustrate the refractive patient experience through surgical and pharmaceutical treatment strategies.
Program Planning Co-Chairs
|Cathleen McCabe, MD||Roger Zaldivar, MD|
Program Planning Committee
|Eric Donnenfeld, MD||Preeya Gupta, MD||Kathryn Hatch, MD||Cathleen McCabe, MD|
|Vance Thompson, MD||William Wiley, MD||Elizabeth Yeu, MD||Roger Zaldivar, MD|
To learn more about Beyond 20/20 prior to your purchase, visit the Beyond 20/20 homepage.